Dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid-based products that are used to restore facial harmony by diminishing facial lines and restoring volume and fullness.
Dermal fillers offer a variety of options that create natural to dramatic volume, with results lasting from six to twenty-four months. The treatment is completely safe and requires minimal downtime.
As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent. The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers are perfect for plumping out areas of the face such as in lips and cheeks that have lost their fullness and hydration, and for certain areas of the body such as the hands, where skin may be losing firmness and volume. The process involves an injection of hyaluronic acid-based gel, a natural skin component that provides the area being treated with volume and hydration. The result is instantly fuller, revitalized and plumper skin. It is the ultimate anti-ageing solution and the safest, most effective on the market today.
Dermal Fillers can:
- Plump thin lips and marionette lines (from the mouth to the chin)
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Plump deep naso-labial folds (smile lines from the nose to the mouth)
What Dermal Fillers Can’t Do:
For some patients, surgery such as a facelift, brow lift or eye lift may be the best approach. Nonsurgical rejuvenation treatments, such as soft tissue fillers, cannot achieve the same results, but may help delay the time when consideration of a facelift becomes appropriate. It is important to remember that dermal fillers are temporary treatments for facial aging and that ongoing treatments will be needed for long-term results.
A very fine needle is used to inject small amounts of the product into the skin. After the injection, the gel binds with the water in your skin and adjoining tissue giving natural volume to smooth wrinkles. Treatment should lead to full correction, but not over correction, at each session. The treated area should be gently massaged to conform to the contour of the surrounding tissue. One treatment session takes about thirty minutes and the results are immediate. It is normal to experience slight redness and swelling near the injection site, and there may also be some other minor side effects, such as slight pain or tenderness and some itching near the injection site. The skin returns to normal one to two days after skin treatments, and up to a week for lip treatments.
Call Re3 Healing Aesthetics and Wellness today to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Bonnie Wang.
During your dermal fillers consultation, be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Any past treatment with soft tissue fillers, botulinum toxin therapy, laser or other non-surgical facial procedures, as well as any prior facial surgery
Dr. Bonnie Wang may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss your available options
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of using soft tissue fillers and any risks or potential complications
Dr Bonnie Wang will carefully explain:
- Your course of treatment
- The type of filler recommended in your case and why
- Expected results and the longevity of the results
It’s important you understand all aspects of dermal fillers. Please ask questions during your consultation. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of pre-treatment stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with Dr Bonnie Wang.
Fill out the form on our Contact Us page, and begin your personal beauty journey now. Aging doesn’t have to win; fight back, get results.